If you are looking for replacement of your garage door opener, Etobicoke Garage Doors and Doors is the best choice. We have a team of professionals who will help you with any garage door issue. With our experience and expertise we can help you to make a decision that will suit your budget and needs. Contact us today!
Garage Door Opener Repair
Garage door opener repair is not something that should be taken lightly. If you are not familiar with garage door openers and their workings, it is best to leave the repairs up to a professional handyman or technician.
A garage door opener can be repaired quickly and easily by someone who has experience working on them. The process involves removing the old unit from its housing as well as any other parts that may need replacing, such as springs or rollers. Once these have been removed from their housings, they must be replaced with new ones before installing your new automatic garage door opener back into place (or reinstalling yours if it was already there).
Garage Door Opener Replacement
A garage door opener is a device that helps you open and close your garage door. It’s a motor that attaches to the ceiling of your garage, and it has a remote control that lets you trigger the motor from inside or outside of your house.
A typical residential garage door opener consists of two parts: an electric motor and a gearbox, which are connected by an extension rod called an “accordion tube.” The accordion tube extends when opened to allow room for larger vehicles–like SUVs–to pass through without hitting their bumpers against the sides of the doorway.
The benefit of replacing this type of device is obvious: if yours breaks down or stops working properly (for example, if it starts making loud noises), then replacing it will ensure that you don’t have any problems accessing your home via its entranceway!
Garage Door Torsion Spring Replacement
As the name suggests, torsion springs are made of spring steel and are installed in pairs. They are under tension at all times and can break if they’re not replaced when they break or start to sag. The most common reason for garage door torsion spring failure is age; over time, the metal will wear down until it becomes brittle and breaks easily. As a general rule of thumb: a broken or sagging torsion spring should be replaced immediately by a professional technician who has experience working with these types of parts!
Garage Door Extension Spring Replacement
- Determine if the spring is broken. If you’ve heard a loud bang or felt the garage door jerk to a stop, it’s possible that one of your extension springs has snapped. This can happen if the spring gets caught on something (like a piece of lumber), causing it to break and fall off its track. If this happens, call an expert immediately so they can get your opener back up and running as soon as possible!
- Determine if the spring is too short for its job. When determining whether or not your extension springs need replacing, it’s important to measure them first–but how do you know what length they should be? It all depends on what kind of garage door opener system you have:
- If yours has torsion springs (the most common type), then each side should be between 11″ and 13″ long; if either side falls outside these measurements then they’re probably worn out and need replacing soon!
Garage Door Cable Drum Replacement
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to improve your garage door’s performance, replacing your cable drum is the best way to do it. A broken cable drum can cause major problems with opening and closing your garage door, so it’s important that you identify this problem as soon as possible so that you can get it fixed before something worse happens.
If there are signs of wear and tear on your current cable drum (or if it has been damaged), then it’s time for replacement! If not, check out our other articles about how to repair other common issues with automatic garage door openers here: How To Fix An Automatic Garage Door Opener Hinge And Roller Guide Replacement DIY Guide On Replacing Your Broken Or Damaged Cable Drum Assembly
Etobicoke Garage Doors and Doors has a team of professionals who can help you with any garage door issue.
At Etobicoke Garage Doors and Doors, we have a team of professionals who are experienced in garage door repairs. Our team will be able to help you with any garage door issue you may have. We offer:
- Customized service plans for your specific needs
- Quality workmanship at affordable prices
- Professionalism, integrity and honesty from start to finish
We have a team of professionals who can help you with any garage door issue.
About the author